Eurocom announced it has developed world's first 300W laptop, it's a 17.3" model that supports Intel's Core i7-980X, GeForce GTX 480M SLI, and up to four HDDs. The system supports Intel XTU and XMP, and offers a battery life of approx. 1 hour.
You can check out the full specifications and options over here.
The new EUROCOM Panther 2.0 utilizes Intel XTU and XMP technology to increase the frequency of memory and processors for extreme performance.
Intel’s XTU (eXtreme Tuning Utility) is an application that allows for manual performance tuning, stress testing and system monitoring.
XMP (eXtreme Memory Profile) allows for manual tuning of frequency, latency and voltage parameters of memory. Intel XMP is a performance-packed expansion of the standard DDR3 memory specification.
The benefit of XTU and XMP to Eurocom customers is that it gives them the ability to customize their memory and processor to offer the best performance for their needs, whatever they may be. With predefined memory optimizations built into Intel XMP, overclocking on the Panther 2.0 is easy right away. A user no longer is required to manually customize their Eurocom notebook; XTU and XMP offer simplified processor and memory overclocking to optimize performance.
When running XTU a user can monitor a great deal of information regarding the underlying system. The interface is laid out to allow for easy adjustment of tune parameters. XTU also features an auto tuning capability which is very flexible, offering multiple levels for voltage settings.
The philosophy behind Eurocom mobile workstations is that they must be highly upgradeable, customizable and durable. XTU and XMP offer Eurocom customers the ability to customize their memory and processor to meet their highly demanding needs.
EUROCOM Panther 2.0 is the newest model from Eurocom to stand atop its line of Mobile Workstations. It is the most powerful Mobile Workstation ever. It is also the first notebook ever to utilize a 300 Watt AC adapter. This enabled Eurocom engineers to incorporate the most capable components on the market into a Mobile Workstation. Eurocom added a 6 core Intel i7 or Xeon 5500/5600 processors, NVidia Quadro and AtiRadeon Mobility modular VGA technology and up to 4 physical drives (mechanical or SSD) with over 3TB of storage and choices between RAID 0/1/5/10.
EUROCOM Panther 2.0 is highly scalable; one platform can be used for three different functional requirements:
1) Professional Mobile Workstation powered by NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800M or FX 5000M and Intel XEON 5600 series Processors
2) Gaming or Professional Workstation powered by NVIDIA SLI GeForce GTX 480M with 4GB DDR5 or ATi CrossfireX Radeon Mobility HD5870 and Intel i7-980X Extreme Processor
3) Mobile Server powered by Intel XEON 5600 series processors with 3TB in RAID 0/1/5/10 and 24GB of RAM
EUROCOM Panther 2.0 can be fitted with a variety of different components to customize it for specific uses within any organization.
- 17.3-inch Full HD; 1920-by-1080 pixels; LED Backlit; Glossy Surface
- Upgradeable Processor: Intel i7-980X Extreme or Xeon 5500/5600; 4 and 6-cores; LGA1366; 32nm technology; 65W-130W
- Supports Intel's XTU (eXtreme Tuning Utility) and XMP (eXtreme Memory Profile) functions
- Upgradeable Graphics: MXM 3.0b; up to 100W per card; supports both single or dual GPU operation, and both CrossfireX and SLI; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M (Fermi); Quadro FX 2800M/FX 3800M/FX 5000M; ATi Radeon Mobility HD5870
- Storage: up to 4 physical drives (mechanical or SSD); RAID 0/1/5/10; 3TB of storage
- Optical Drive: Choice of DVD Burner, Blu Ray Reader for Blu Ray Burner
- Card Reader: MS/MS Pro/MS Duo/SD/Mini-SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible/MMC/RSMMC
- Built in TouchPad with multi-gesture and scrolling function
- Five instant buttons: Volume Up/Down, Mute, WiFi On/Off, Bluetooth On/Off
- Sound System: High Definition Audio, S/PDIF output; Microphone; 5 speakers; subwoofer; Dolby Home Theater
- Ports: 2x USB 3.0; 3x USB 2.0; HDMI-in 1.4; HDMI-out; DVI-DL; eSata; IEEE1394b; S/PDIF; Headphone; Microphone; Audio Line-in; RJ-45; CATV-in
- Power: Auto Switching 300 Watts AC Adapter 100-240V; DC 20V 15A; Smart Li-Ion Battery 88.8WH; Battery time approx 1 hour
- Dimensions: WxDxH 419x286x56.5-60.7mm/16.76x11.44x2.26-2.43inch
- Weight: 5.3kg/11.66lbs including battery and Optical Drive