Posted on Sunday, October 09 2005 @ 23:22:38 CEST by LSDsmurf
dvdisaster provides a margin of safety against data loss on CD and DVD media caused by aging or scratches.
Changes in dvdisaster 0.63 :
- added adaptive read strategy (thanks to Harald Bögeholz for the suggestion; see also the CREDITS file)
- added -- fill-unreadble option for better compatibility with other tools (e.g. h2cdimage from c't magazine)
- cut down information written to the log window in GUI mode as that could use up significant amounts of memory in worst case scenarios. Use command line mode if you are still interested in these messages.
- fixed code for clean compile with gcc 4.0.1 - added auto-suffix option for automatically adding .img/.ecc to files given without an extension (thanks to Marcus for the suggestion!)
- changed function test prototype in bash based configure from char* to char to work around misdetection of gcc's builtin gettext() (thanks to Heinz R. for pointing this out)
- fixed crash in About requester when LANG environment was not set (thanks to Andreas for the patch!)
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 0.63 Size: 3.25MB Works on: Windows