DV Hardware bringing you the hottest news about processors, graphics cards, Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, hardware and technology!

   Home | News submit | News Archives | Reviews | Articles | Howto's | Advertise
 
DarkVision Hardware - Daily tech news
December 4, 2016 
Main Menu
Home
Info
News archives
Articles
Howto
Reviews
 

Who's Online
There are currently 69 people online.

 

Latest Reviews
Zowie P-TF Rough mousepad
Zowie FK mouse
BitFenix Ronin case
Ozone Rage ST headset
Lamptron FC-10 SE fan controller
ZOWIE G-TF Rough mousepad
ROCCAT Isku FX gaming keyboard
Prolimatech Magnetic Pin
 

Follow us
RSS
 

Why Apple shouldn't sell Mac OS X for PCs

Posted on Friday, March 17 2006 @ 06:35:07 CET by


Mac Geekery has a lengthy article on why Apple shouldn't offer Mac OS X for normal x86 PCs:
Over 80% of Apple's sales relate to hardware (Form 10-K, Dec 2005 ) which leaves about 20% for other things, such as software and the music store. This software would be items such as Mac OS X, but also software (with higher margins) such as iLife, iWork, Final Cut Studio and Mac OS X Server. From today's numbers, software is not the most significant part of Apple's sales, even though some of the prices dance dangerously close to the price of new hardware. This begs the question "what if software was a significant seller?" Well, let's look at two companies that were created by ex-Apple employees who had the same idea..
You can read on over here.


 



 

DV Hardware - Privacy statement
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2016 DM Media Group bvba