DV Hardware - bringing you the hottest news about processors, graphics cards, Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, hardware and technology!
   Home | News submit | News Archives | Reviews | Articles | Howto's | Advertise
DarkVision Hardware - Daily tech news
September 25, 2020 
Main Menu
News archives

Who's Online
There are currently 227 people online.


Latest Reviews
Ewin Racing Flash gaming chair
Arctic BioniX F120 and F140 fans
Jaybird Freedom 2 wireless sport headphones
Ewin Racing Champion gaming chair
Zowie P-TF Rough mousepad
Zowie FK mouse
BitFenix Ronin case
Ozone Rage ST headset

Follow us

ClearSpeed e620 coprocessor comes in PCI Express package

Posted on Friday, May 04 2007 @ 09:25:15 CEST by

ClearSpeed presented their new Advance e620 PCI Express, this is a new coprocessor for high-performance number-crunching applications used by financial services, universities and national labs.

According to the firm their new chip dramatically improves the performance, while barely increasing the power consumption. ClearSpeed claims the new CSXL libraries consolidate deliver 20 times the performance per watt compared with industry standard servers when running the LINPACK benchmark. According to ClearSpeed their accelerator board uses only 25W.
The CSX600 processor core found on the accelerator boards is composed of 96 processing cores capable of 64-bit double precision and can output more than over 55 GFLOPS DGEMM. The 15mm-square die size is composed of 128 million transistors, 47 percent of which is logic—about half of that is dedicated to floating-point units—and the remaining 53 percent is memory. IBM manufactures the processor on an eight-layer copper 0.13µm FSG process and Flextronics assembles the board.
More details at DailyTech. According to user comments the board costs about $7,000 to $8,000.



DV Hardware - Privacy statement
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2020 DM Media Group bvba