- Per-pixel lighting for all objectsThe patch can be downloaded at nZone.
- Percentage Closer Filtering (PCF) shadows: Multi-tap PCF shadows utilize Shader Model 4.0 sample comparison functions for softer, more realistic shadows
- Shadows for omnidirectional point lights: supports up to 4 simultaneous point lights with shadows using DX10's render-to-cubemap and Geometry Shader functionality.
- Soft particles. Particle effects smoothly blend on contact with terrain and other objects improving visual quality.
- CSAA support (Coverage Sampling Antialiasing): CSAA produces antialiased images that rival the quality of 8x or 16x MSAA, while introducing only a minimal performance hit over standard MSAA.
- Short volumetric grass using DX10-instanced terrain shells
- DX10-instanced foliage and ambient objects
- DX10 alpha to coverage (transparency antialiasing)
Company of Heroes 1.7 Patch - Adds DirectX 10 support!
Posted on Friday, Jun 01 2007 @ 14:41 CEST by Thomas De Maesschalck