Within three months we can expect the NVIDIA G92 GPU but we still know very little about this 65nm chip which may be one of the first PCI Express 2.0 graphics cards. Techpowerup published a list of rumoured specifications on its website:
- 65nm process technology at TSMC.
- Over one billion transistors.
- Second Generation Unified Shader Architecture.
- Double precsion support (FP64).
- GPGPU native.
- Over one TeraFLOPS of shader processing power.
- MADD+ADD configuration for the shader untis (2+1 FLOPS=3 FLOPS per ALU)
- Fully Scalar design.
- 512-bit memory interface.
- 1024MB GDDR4 graphics memory.
- DirectX 10.1 support.
- OpenGL 3.0 Support.
- eDRAM die for "FREE 4xAA".
- Built in Audio Chip (HDMI).
- Built in tesselation unit (in the graphics core)
- Improved AA and AF quality levels
Some sites claim the G92 will be launched as the GeForce 9800 GTX in November for $549-$649 while a GTS version should cost about $399-$449.