DV Hardware bringing you the hottest news about processors, graphics cards, Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, hardware and technology!

   Home | News submit | News Archives | Reviews | Articles | Howto's | Advertise
 
DarkVision Hardware - Daily tech news
December 8, 2016 
Main Menu
Home
Info
News archives
Articles
Howto
Reviews
 

Who's Online
There are currently 87 people online.

 

Latest Reviews
Zowie P-TF Rough mousepad
Zowie FK mouse
BitFenix Ronin case
Ozone Rage ST headset
Lamptron FC-10 SE fan controller
ZOWIE G-TF Rough mousepad
ROCCAT Isku FX gaming keyboard
Prolimatech Magnetic Pin
 

Follow us
RSS
 

Rollout of 45nm Intel CPUs slower than expected

Posted on Friday, October 26 2007 @ 00:45:41 CEST by


The rollout of Intel's 45nm processors will take longer than expected, FUD Zilla reports. The site writes 45nm chips will only account for 5-6 percent of the firms total quad-core shipments in January 2008. By February this should reach 25% and by March 45nm chips should already account for 50 percent of Intel's quad-core shipments.
The situation is not as good with Core 2 Duo 45 nanometre part that's codenamed Yorkfield. In January, Intel plans to ship 45 nanometre parts, but only 5 percent of the total CPU shipments will be 45nm while the remaining 95 percent will remain at 65 nm. In February, Intel hopes to get this number up to 10 percent while in March, the company plans to have 25 percent of all of its shipments as 45 nanometre based Wolfdale E8xxx series CPUs.

The mobile 45 nm Core 2 Duo will also take some 5 percent of Intel's total shipments in January, about 15 percent of the fab output in February, probably due to the notebook refresh cycle and in March, Intel hopes to reach the magical 25 percent.



 



 

DV Hardware - Privacy statement
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2016 DM Media Group bvba