DV Hardware - bringing you the hottest news about processors, graphics cards, Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, hardware and technology!
   Home | News submit | News Archives | Reviews | Articles | Howto's | Advertise
DarkVision Hardware - Daily tech news
September 23, 2020 
Main Menu
News archives

Who's Online
There are currently 272 people online.


Latest Reviews
Ewin Racing Flash gaming chair
Arctic BioniX F120 and F140 fans
Jaybird Freedom 2 wireless sport headphones
Ewin Racing Champion gaming chair
Zowie P-TF Rough mousepad
Zowie FK mouse
BitFenix Ronin case
Ozone Rage ST headset

Follow us

Gamers prefer Intel and NVIDIA

Posted on Thursday, November 15 2007 @ 00:02:59 CET by

Valve is running a new survey to see which kind of hardware users of Steam are using. You can check out the results over here.

At the moment of writing almost 20 000 unique samples were collected and one of the things I noticed is that the majority of the gamers are using Intel-based systems with NVIDIA graphics cards.

Roughly 57% of the Steam users have an Intel processor in their rig and the other 43% belongs to AMD. About 54% still has a single-core processor, 42% has a single-core and 4% has a quad-core CPU.

NVIDIA is clearly the ruler in 3D land with a marketshare of 67%. ATI cards only account for 29%. In the top 10 there are 8 NVIDIA cards and 2 from ATI. The most people NVIDIA cards are the GeForce 8800, 7600 and 8600 while the most popular ATI cards are the X1950, X800 and 9600.

Of all the Steam users only 9% has a DirectX 10 system. More than 80% still use Windows XP and Windows Vista follows with almost 17%.

Another interesting figure is that widescreen LCD displays already have a marketshare of 30%. The most popular desktop resolution is 1280 x 960, followed by 1024 x 768 and 1680 x 1050. The stats also reveal that almost 6% of the Steam gamers have more than one monitor.



DV Hardware - Privacy statement
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2020 DM Media Group bvba