The NV40 reference card.
The GeForce 6800 costs $299 and the GeForce 6800 Ultra costs $399.
The core of a NV40.
The NV40 die.
The new GeForce logo's.
GeForce 6800 Architecture information
- 40x40mm FCBGA (flip-chip ball grid array) package
- ForceWare 60+ series
- Supports 256-bit GDDR3 with over 550MHz (1.1GHz DDR) clock rates
- NVIDIA CineFX 3.0 supporting Pixel Shader 3.0, Vertex Shader 3.0; real-time Displacement Mapping and Tone Mapping; up to 16 textures/pass, 16-bit and 32-bit FP formats, sRGB textures, DirectX and S3TC compression; 32bpp, 64bpp and 128bpp rendering; lots of new visual effects
- NVIDIA HPDR (High-Precision Dynamic-Range) on OpenEXR technology supporting FP filtering, texturing, blending and AA
- Intellisample 3.0 for extended 16xAA, improved compression performance; HCT (High-resolution compression), new lossless compression algorithms for colors, textures and Z buffer in all modes, including hi-res high-frequency, fast Z buffer clear
- NVIDIA UltraShadow II for 4 times the performance in highly shadowed games (e.g. Doom III) comparing to older GPUs
- Extended temperature monitoring and management features
- Extended display and video output features, including int. videoprocessor, hardware MPEG decoder, WMV9 accelerator, adaptive deinterlacing, video signal scaling and filtering, int. NTSC/PAL decoder (up to 1024x768), Macrovision copy protection; DVD/HDTV to MPEG2 decoding at up to 1920x1080i; dual int. 400MHz RAMDAC for up to 2048x1536 @ 85Hz; 2 x DVO for external TMDS transmitters and TV decoders; Microsoft Video Mixing Renderer (VMR); VIP 1.1 (video input); NVIDIA nView
- NVIDIA Digital Vibrance Control (DVC) 3.0 for color and image clarity management
- Supports Windows XP/ME/2000/9X; MacOS, Linux
- Supports the latest DirectX 9.0, OpenGL 1.5
More information at DarkCrow