Dell unveiled three new Vostro desktop PCs for small businesses, the Vostro 220, 220s and 420. They will be available on October 20 in most of the Americas, Asia Pacific and Japan, and in EMEA and Brazil on November 11. Prices start at $319.
Building on a strong recommendation rate of 98 percent from current Vostro customers1, new Vostro desktops deliver more of what customers demand in a small-business PC and address many of their top pain points. Key improvements include:
* Refined industrial design with a glossy front;
* Greater convenience through redesigned optical drive bays;
* Increased internal storage capacity with one terabyte hard drives offering up to 4 terabytes of internal storage in the Vostro 420;
* Standard 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet across full line for fast network access; and
* The Vostro 420 high-performance system also offers dual display capability, and more expandability and flexibility with 10 total USB ports and seven total PCI/PCIe expansion slots for more network, sound or graphics cards.
New customer-driven features have also been added, including:
* The latest in Intel® technology and performance with the Intel G45 Express chipset;
* Optional Blu-Ray Disk drives for data storage and video playback;
* PS/2 and serial ports to enable use of older devices; and
* The Vostro 420 offers an eSATA connector to transfer data to an external storage device faster than with USB.
Ideal for small businesses with simple networks, Vostro meets customer demands for quality, reliability and worry-free services. Small-business technicians don’t follow scripts and are specially trained to understand technical issues as well as customers’ unique business environments. ProSupport services give customers the ability to customize and tailor IT support options to fit their technical expertise and business needs, including 24/7 proactive maintenance, how-to guidance and popular software support for non-technical users.
Clockwise: Vostro 220, Vostro 420 and Vostro 220s (horizontal)