DV Hardware - bringing you the hottest news about processors, graphics cards, Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, hardware and technology!
   Home | News submit | News Archives | Reviews | Articles | Howto's | Advertise
DarkVision Hardware - Daily tech news
January 25, 2020 
Main Menu
News archives

Who's Online
There are currently 449 people online.


Latest Reviews
Ewin Racing Flash gaming chair
Arctic BioniX F120 and F140 fans
Jaybird Freedom 2 wireless sport headphones
Ewin Racing Champion gaming chair
Zowie P-TF Rough mousepad
Zowie FK mouse
BitFenix Ronin case
Ozone Rage ST headset

Follow us

ASUS to ship $200 Eee PC in 2009

Posted on Friday, October 31 2008 @ 15:51:58 CET by

ASUS unveiled its third quarter financial results and president Jerry Shen unveiled his firm is working on even cheaper netbooks. Shen expects to launch new Eee PC models priced at $200 in 2009.
Shen detailed that the company has adjusted its mid-range and entry-level Eee PC's pricing and market position, and expects to launch an Eee PC priced at US$200 in 2009.

Currently, netbooks with a hard drive are the mainstream specification accounting for 70% of total shipments, while SSDs account for the other 30%. The ratio of Eee PCs preloaded Windows XP and Linux stands at 7:3.

Shen also pointed out that 7- and 8.9-inch Eee PCs will slowly phase out of the market to be replaced by 10-inch products.
ASUS shipped 1.7 million notebooks and 1.7 million Eee PCs in the third quarter. The firm estimates Eee PC shipments will rise to 1.8 million units in the fourth quarter, allowing them to hit their goal of shipping five million units in 2008. Own-brand motherboard shipments hit six million in the third quarter, but the firm expects shipments will drop to 5.4 million units in the fourth quarter, to reach an annual shipment of 23 million units. To learn more about how the rest of ASUS' business is doing you'll have to check out the DigiTimes article.



DV Hardware - Privacy statement
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2019 DM Media Group bvba