AMD has launched the ATI FirePro S400 synchronization module, this new $799 part provides framelock and genlock synchronization for demanding broadcast, video editing, visualization, simulation and rich display applications.
* Genlock enables video and graphics feeds from various devices - such as cameras, recorders, mixers, keyers and more - to "lock" to an externally generated signal, helping avoid jumping, flicker or scan lines that commonly arise when switching video sources.
* The ATI FirePro S400 is a single card solution with a dedicated processor capable of supporting clock-accurate, simultaneous GPU synchronization that professional video, broadcast, simulation and rich display applications demand, perfect for displays used in broadcast applications, or non-linear editing suites.
* Framelock synchronizes display output and 3D rendering across multiple graphics cards resulting in a smooth output across multiple displays or video projectors to create a smooth virtual canvas.
* ATI FirePro S400 delivers framelock functionality by combining synchronized display output and simultaneous 3D buffer swapping, to help ensure GPUs in connected systems present their outputs in perfect lock-step.
* The new ATI FirePro Synchronization Module supports four professional graphics cards, features a modern Serial ATA power connector and allows ATI FirePro graphics accelerators to receive signals and synchronize to virtually any video input source, including PAL and NTSC standard definition video black burst, high definition TV tri-level, TTL and SDI sync.
* The upgradeable firmware of the ATI FirePro S400 module is designed to allow future updates to be deployed without requiring internal access to the host computer, saving time and effort by allowing updates to be deployed in the field.
* Compatible with ATI FirePro™ V8750 3D graphics accelerators targeted at the high-end professional graphics market, and supporting existing software interfaces, the ATI FirePro S400 is a drop-in solution, fitting into standard PCI or PCIe slots and compatible with virtually any type of chassis or motherboard.