Here's another report about an exploding iPhone. AFP reports a 26-year old supermarket watchman from Villevieille got hit in the eye by a glass shard when the screen of his iPhone exploded. Earlier this month a French teenager suffered a similar injury, these incidents are believed to be caused by overheating li-ion batteries.
Yassine Bouhadi, a 26-year-old supermarket watchman from the southeastern town of Villevieille, said he was typing a text message on Monday afternoon when the screen exploded.
Bouhadi, who says he was hit in the eye with a glass shard, said he was "very angry" and planned to consult a doctor and file suit for damages.
"I want an explanation about this damned telephone," said Bouhadi, who bought the hugely-popular smartphone device for 600 euros (850 dollars) three months ago and now wants his money back.