This is a nice exclusive we have here at MaxConsole courtesy of Artik from www.Logic-sunrise.com on the Wii 2. The actual information is said to have been leaked from an internal source of the marketing Nintendo France Service. Unlucky for them, this kind of information should stay internal, but that's not our philosophy.
- The Wii2 system will feature a Blu-Ray drive with a secondary aim of stopping piracy.
- 1080P and lower resolutions will be supported, for blu-ray movies and games.
- The release date is scheduled for third quarter of 2010.
- The release will be worldwide and on the same day for all countries.
- A scheme will be available in which it is possible to trade in the original Wii for a cheaper price on the new Wii 2.
Moreover, Nintendo wants to make a worldwide announcement, only one month before release date. Huge publicity and Viral Marketing will be utilized to create the Buzz.
Nintendo Wii 2 to be released in Q3 2010?
Posted on Thursday, Oct 29 2009 @ 15:57 CET by Thomas De Maesschalck