A couple of months ago Razer overwhelmed us with the 17-button Naga mouse, but the new Abyssus mouse is a whole different beast. With the Abyssus the company focuses on providing a gaming mouse without too many bells and whistles, it's an ambidextrous model with a 3.5G 3500 DPI infrared sensor, two buttons and a scrollwheel. The Razer Abyssus will be available worldwide by late December 2009 for $49.99 (39.99EUR).
The Razer Abyssus mouse is designed for gamers that demand reliability and functionality under the fiercest gameplay conditions. The Razer Abyssus is armed with two large non-slip buttons tuned for maximum tactile feedback and features Razer’s built-in Hyperesponse™ technology. Underneath, Razer has placed two easily accessible mechanical switches -- one on-the-fly dpi switch giving the user their choice of 450, 1800, or 3500dpi; and one polling rate switch allowing instant adjustment from a standard 125hz to 1000hz Ultrapolling™.
* 3500dpi Razer Precision™ 3.5G infrared sensor
* 1000Hz Ultrapolling™ / 1ms response time
* Mechanical dpi/polling rate switches
* On-The-Fly Sensitivity™ adjustment
* Always-On™ mode
* Ultra-large non-slip buttons
* 16-bit ultra-wide data path
* 60-120 inches per second and 15g of acceleration
* Three independently programmable Hyperesponse™ buttons
* Ambidextrous design
* Scroll wheel with 24 individual click positions
* Zero-acoustic Ultraslick™ Teflon feet
* Seven-foot, lightweight, non-tangle cord
* Approx. size in mm 115(L) x 63(W) x 40(H)