DV Hardware - bringing you the hottest news about processors, graphics cards, Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, hardware and technology!
   Home | News submit | News Archives | Reviews | Articles | Howto's | Advertise
DarkVision Hardware - Daily tech news
June 20, 2019 
Main Menu
News archives

Who's Online
There are currently 203 people online.


Latest Reviews
Ewin Racing Flash gaming chair
Arctic BioniX F120 and F140 fans
Jaybird Freedom 2 wireless sport headphones
Ewin Racing Champion gaming chair
Zowie P-TF Rough mousepad
Zowie FK mouse
BitFenix Ronin case
Ozone Rage ST headset

Follow us

Consumers ignore green products, more interested in features and price

Posted on Sunday, February 28 2010 @ 22:10:19 CET by

A survey by Retrevo found that the majority of consumers aren't interested in the benefits of green technology. Around 26 percent make an effort to buy the greenest model on offer, but the other 74 percent buys whichever gadget has the best features, most attractive price, or best performance.
A further 16 percent answered the question of "do you feel guilty if you don't buy a green [energy efficient or otherwise environmentally friendly] gadget" with the rather more considered "no, because price is more important." Another 16 percent felt a twinge of guilt for buying power hogs filled with deadly chemicals, but would "end up buying whatever gadget I like best" regardless of its eco-credentials.

According to the survey, just ten percent of respondents used eco-friendliness as their biggest decider when buying electronic devices - promising to "usually buy the greenest gadget." Another 16 percent always tried to buy the greenest gadget, which alleviated their guilt when - for reasons of price or features - they opted for a less environmentally friendly model.
More info at Bit Tech.



DV Hardware - Privacy statement
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2019 DM Media Group bvba