Crucial released the Ballistix Active Cooling Fan, this product aims to eliminate dead spots of airflow within the case. The cooler will be available in retail stores for $24.99.
Lexar Media, a leading global provider of memory products for digital media, today announced the Crucial Ballistix Active Cooling Fan, a snap-on proactive solution to decrease memory module heat by increasing airflow. The Crucial Ballistix Active Cooling Fan cools memory modules by eliminating "dead spots" of airflow within the case. The fan is especially effective with water-cooled systems where internal airflow around the memory modules is often minimal. Watch a short video demonstrating how the Crucial fan increases airflow inside a computer case artificially filled with smoke. The Crucial Ballistix Active Cooling Fan is available globally today through select partners and online at Crucial.com.
"With higher densities of memory running fully populated in motherboard memory slots — along with faster speeds — performance systems demand additional cooling," said Jeremy Mortenson, Crucial senior product manager. "Whether you run your memory at stock speeds or push it to the limits with overclocking, temperature plays a critical role in reliability. The new Crucial Ballistix Active Cooling Fan can improve airflow and keep your memory running cooler."
Featuring two 60mm fans, the new Crucial Ballistix Active Cooling Fan is easy to attach — requiring no tools for installation — and comes with a simple flexible power connection. In addition, its low noise level and clear design make it even more attractive, as it complements most case designs and allows a view of the LEDs from installed Crucial Ballistix Tracer high-performance memory.
Technical specifications for the Crucial Ballistix Active Cooling Fan are listed below:
* Dimensions: 155mm x 77.6mm x 71.6mm
* Fan size: 2 x 60mm fans
* Voltage: 12VDC
* Fan speed: 3000 RPM +/- 10%
* Noise: 25dBA (28max)
* Airflow: 15CFM
* Weight: 200g
* Connection: 3-pin power connector (4-pin adapter included)
* Crucial® Ballistix™ Active Cooling Fan decreases memory module temperature by increasing airflow
* Easy attachment with 3-pin motherboard power connector and included 4-pin power supply adapter requires no tools
* Rests snuggly over memory module clamps with adjustable height for tight spaces
* Low noise level and noise dampening anti-vibration material
* Clear fan blades showcase light from Crucial Ballistix Tracer LEDs (not included)
* Available globally through select partners and at Crucial.com