Auzentech will release its X-Meridian 7.1 2G audio card very soon for $159.99, this is a second-generation of the Auzen X-Meridian 7.1.
The original Auzen X-Meridian 7.1 was a game-changing high-performance audio card which marked the dividing line between audio that sounds great, and audio that sounds perfect. It was the world's first custom-designed audio card based on C-Media CMI 8788 chipset, and received rave reviews for its audio quality. Now, the award winning Auzentech audio development team and chipset manufacturer C-Media have teamed up again.
With the X-Meridian 7.1 2G, Auzentech has taken what many consider the greatest sound card of all time and upgdated it with the best of today's technology, making the X-Meridian 7.1 2G more than simply the must-have PC Audio solution for audiophiles—it's a feast for the ears. Under the hood, the new X-Meridian 7.1 2G has been upgraded with new Advanced Driver Software Architecture (ADSA ) for the C-Media CMI8788 Oxygen HD PCI Audio Processor. Features include Dolby Digital Live™ Real-Time Content Encoder, DTS CONNECT™ and Xear3D sound technology.
The X-Meridian 7.1 2G key features are:
* CMI8788 - High quality PCI 32-bit multi-channel audio processor
* Pure electrical connections via gold plated PCB, jacks and metal bracket
* 24bit/192kHz high definition 7.1 channel analog playback
* Signal-to-noise ratio greater than 115dB
* 120dB dynamic range
* Do-it-yourself upgrade for ultimate analog sound quality and color (all channels have swappable OPAMPs)
* Complete Dolby® Home Theater technologies: Dolby® Digital Live, Dolby® Pro Logic® II, Dolby® Virtual Speaker, Dolby® Headphone
* DTS™ Connect, DTS™ Interactive, and DTS™ Neo: PC
* Shift between Coaxial and Optical Output and Input, with combo adaptor
* Proprietary Auzentech Pointing Ground Design shares one point for the DAC, OPAMP, Power Supply and Output Jack, cutting noise and distortion
* 7.1 Virtual speaker shifter supporting virtual surround over two channel speaker and headphone
* C-Media FlexBass: Advanced bass management allowing a variety of speaker types and combinations. Large, small speaker setting available for all channels. LFE channel crossover frequency configurable in small speaker mode (from 50Hz to 250Hz).
* Support for the Auzen X-Tension DIN connection.
"We are excited that the C-Media CMI-8788 is again available on the market," said Stephane Bae, President of Auzentech, Inc. "Many of our customers have asked for greater selection in high-end audio processors. With the Auzen X-Meridian 7.1 2G, Auzentech is fulfilling that request."