Eurocom introduced a new Panther 2.0 laptop with Radeon HD 6970M CrossFireX:
Eurocom now offers the new AMD HD6970M GPU in their EUROCOM Panther 2.0. The EUROCOM Panther 2.0 is the most powerful Mobile Workstation on the
market and offers the ultimate combination of performance and portability to both gamers and professional users. By adding support for the Radeon
HD6970M in the Panther 2.0, Eurocom increases the already impressive configuration options which includes NVIDIA GeForce and Quadro series graphics
cards running in both SLI and CrossfireX configurations. The fact that both the EUROCOM Panther 2.0 & Leopard support ATi's CrossfireX technology
allows customers to configure their unit with two HD6970M video cards.
To coincide with Eurocom's tradition of offering the best possible technology, only the highest performing AMD GPU was chosen, the AMD Radeon HD6970M.
The EUROCOM Panther 2.0 supports overclocking in the HD6970M to allow even more extreme performance.
The EUROCOM X7200 Panther 2.0
EUROCOM Panther 2.0 provides the ultimate combination of power and portability with up to 3.25TB (Terabytes) of storage with four internal physical
hard drives and RAID 0/1/5/10, super-powerful 3.33 GHz Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition i7-980X; or 3.33 GHz XEON X5680 processors running at
6.4GT/sec, Gigabit Ethernet port on-board, HDMI in and out ports, eSATA, DVi Dual Link port, with a 17.3? Full HD 1920×1080 LED backlit display and
full size keyboard. Now with the option of equipping this unit with up to two high-performance Radeon HD6970M VGA cards in CrossfireX mode will give
any gamer or professional the graphical performance they have always dreamed off.
Key specs of the EUROCOM Panther 2.0
· 17.3-inch Full HD 1920-by-1080 pixels screen with LED Backlit
· Upgradable VGA Technology based on MXM 3.0b Modular Design. The following VGA cards are supported:
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD6970M with 2GB of DDDR5; single and dual/CrossFireX configurations
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M and GTX 480M with 2GB of DDDR5; single and/or Dual (SLI) configurations
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470M and GTX 460M with 1.5GB of DDDR5; single and/or Dual (SLI) configurations
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 5000M, FX 3800M and FX 2800M with 2GB of DDDR5
· Upgradeable Processor: Intel i7-980X Extreme or Xeon 5500/5600; 4 and 6-cores
· Up to 4 physical drives (mechanical, SSD or Hybrid) in RAID 0/1/5/10 providing up to 3.25 TB of storage
· Power: Auto Switching 300W AC Adapter 100-240V; DC 20V 15A; Smart Li-Ion Battery 88.8WH; Battery time up to 1.5 hours
· Very portable with dimensions being: WxDxH 419 x 286 x 56.5-60.7mm (16.76 x 11.44 x 2.26-2.43 inch) and weighing only 5.3kg (11.66lbs) including
battery and ODD
"It's a workstation-calibre computer complete with built-in Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) in a 12 pound notebook form factor," said Mark Bialic,
President of Eurocom. "This is one extremely fast notebook that offers workstation calibre capabilities. It is designed to replace traditional
desktop based workstations. It offers incredibly high ROI by allowing companies to be more productive and offer new "on the go" CAD/CAM services
while greatly reducing overall IT management costs."