Eurocom updated its Intel X58 based Panther series:
EUROCOM Panther provides workstation, gaming and server-calibre capabilities with 3.25 Terabytes of storage with four physical drives and RAID 0/1/5/10, super-powerful 3.46GHz Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition I7-990X or 3.46GHz Xeon X5690 processors running at 6.4GT/sec bus speed with 12MB
L3 cache. Gigabit Ethernet port on-board, HDMI, eSATA, DVi ports, with a 17.3" FullHD display and full size keyboard are supported.
Featuring workstation-class or server-class Intel Core i7 or Xeon Processor and up to 24GB of DDR3-1600 memory, the Panther also features a whopping 3.25TB with RAID 0/1/5/10 - making it the perfect mobile workstation or server laptop for users who demand extra-large capacity storage and reliability for a true portable server / workstation experience.
Driving the system is the newest six core 130W 3.46GHz Intel Xeon X5690 processor with bus speeds of up to 6.4GT/sec and 12MB of L3 cache, which delivers exceptional multi-tasking and multi-threaded performance. It also supports the newest line of Intel Core i7 processors.
Featuring Multi Vendor VGA support from NVIDIA Geforce and Quadro FX to AMD Radeon.
The Panther 3.0, which measures (16.76x11.44x2.26-2.43inch) and weights around 12lbs depending on configuration and also supplies SATA-300 storage (up to 3.25TB using four hard drives). Customers may also choose between RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 or RAID 10 for the ultimate transfer rates and application load times or redundancy.
1. The EUROCOM Panther 3.0 is a highly configurable, upgradable and extremely powerful workstation-class notebook computer that can be customized to provide functionality of:
a) Mobile Workstation with 3.46GHz 6-core Intel Xeon X5690 Processor, NVIDIA Quadro FX 5000M, 24 GB RAM and RAID 0/1/5/10 drives optimized for heavy duty computing, Engineering, CAD, CAM, CAE........
b) Mobile Gaming Workstation with an Intel Core i7 i7-990X Extreme ; AMD HD6970M in CrossfireX and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 485M in SLI and super fast SATA-600 Solid State Drives
c) Server on-the Go (SotG) with a Intel 6-core Xeon X5690 Processor, 24 GB RAM, 4 physical drives drives (SSD, HDD, Hybrid) in RAID 0/1/5/10. On-site training, Application Development, Rapid Engineering Deployment, Standby Backup Servers and Emergency Response. A 12lbs notebook form factor computer with server capabilities and benefits of mobility. With Network Server class Intel Xeon X5690 processor; up to four storage drives in RAID 0/1/5/10; 24GB of RAM, TPM, Uninterrupted power supply, Expresscard 34, 1 Gigabit LAN on board.
2. EUROCOM Panther 3.0 key technologies
a) Chipset and Processor Technology
- Intel X58 chipset
- Intel LGA1366 socket
- Supports Intel i7, i7 Extreme and Xeon Processors
b) VGA technology
- Upgradable based on MXM 3.0b
- Multi Vendor VGA support: NVIDIA and AMD
- SLI and CrossfireX support
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M, GTX 470M, GTX 460M
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M, FX 3800M, FX 5000M
- AMD Radeon HD6970M
- RAID 0/1/5/10 support
- 4 physical drives; up to 3.25TB of storage
- Supports Solid State Drives (SLC and MLC); Hybrid Solid; Hard Drives
- Built in TPM
- Kensignton Lock slot
- Smart Card Reader (via Expresscard/34 slot)
-Expresscard / 34
- 1 Gigabit LAN on-board
- 2nd LAN adaptor (1Gigabit, Fiber or Quad port) available through ExpressCard/ 34 slot
- internal 802.11abgn WLAN and Bluetooth
3. Key Components
Panther 3.0 supports over 16 differerent processors of 3 different types (Desktop, Gaming and Xeon), 8 different VGA options in 2 different configurations (SLI and CrossfireX), 18 different drives in 4 different configurations (RAID 0, 1, 5, 10); 8 different Memory configurations in Triple Channel configuration.
Three different levels of Intel LGA1366 processors are supported:
- Desktop class
- High Performance Gaming
- Server and Workstation Class
Eurocom tests the performance levels of high end technology and components to help our customers in their decision making process when acquiring new technology.
•VGA: Geforce, AMD Radeon; 3D Mark 11, 3DMark 06, 3D Mark Vantage, Unigine Heaven 2.1;
•VGA: Quadro; SPECviewperf 11;
•Storage: AS SSD Benchmark in RAID 0/5 with 1-3 Drives
Some specific test results:
1. In 3DMark 11 the EUROCOM Panther with 2xAMD HD6970M reached a score of 5689, in 3D Mark 06 2xAMD HD6970M achieved a score of 22669.
2. During Quadro testing, the EUROCOM Panther achieved scores of 71.52 in SPECviewperf 11 Maya-03 with NVIDIA Quadro FX 5000M.
3. While testing performance levels of RAID using AS SSD Benchmark, Solidata’s MLC SSD with Sandforce 1500 controller reached an overall scored of 792 in RAID 0 with three drives.