Crytek has finished its DirectX 11 update for Crysis 2, you can download it over here. First you need to run the game's updater to install Patch 1.9, after that you can apply the DX11 patch and once that is done you can install the High Res Textures patch.
One of the most highly-acclaimed first person shooters of 2011 is getting a facelift. Today, EA and Crytek will be releasing the Crysis 2 Ultra Upgrade, giving PC gamers full DirectX®11 support. Enhancing the Crysis 2 gaming experience on PC, the Crysis 2 Ultra Upgrade delivers higher quality visuals and features including tessellation, water rendering improvements, high quality HDR motion blur, and many other special effects and higher quality texture formats with the optional high res texture pack. The Crysis 2 Ultra Upgrade is available via an auto installation once gamers go online* with Crysis 2 on PC.
The following features will become available with the optional DX11 package installed:
- Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- High Quality HDR Motion Blur
- Realistic Shadows with Variable Penumbra
- Sprite Based Bokeh Depth of Field
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping
- Particles Motion Blur, Shadows and Art Updates
- Water Rendering improvements and using Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- Realtime Local Reflections (DX9)
- Contact Shadows (DX9)
- Improved Tone Mapping (DX9)