TC Mag (no longer online) reports SteelSeries teamed up with GUNNAR Optiks to release two new pro gaming glasses that supposedly improve your visual efficiency, endurance and recovery during long gaming sessions. The glasses cost $99.99 (99.99EUR) over at SteelSeries.com.
Known as Desmo Onyx and Desmo Snow (limited edition), the glasses feature flexible twin-rail temples, adjustable nose pads, and make use of GUNNAR's i-AMP lens technology. According to the two companies, the high-grade lens used include multiple components like:
- Tint: Specially formulated tint conditions and shifts the color spectrum to provide superior contrast, detail and resolution.
- Wrap/Shape: Features a highly wrapped, curved lens shape limiting air flow and maintaining moisture near the eyes, while providing a slight focusing power to help ease eye fatigue and enhancing detail for sharper, clearer vision.
- Material: A proprietary lens material that is optically pure, insuring the clearest image by eliminating distortion, impurities and haze.
- Coatings: An anti-reflective coating that reduces glare and other distractions caused by reflective light.
- 20/20 or Rx: Out of the box ready for 20/20 vision or used with corrective contact lenses, and also prescription compatible in partnership with Carl Zeiss Vision.