Spire debuts the CoolGate 2012 (X2.9883 - SP988N1-V3-PWM), a new processor cooler with six 6mm diameter sinter-powder direct-touch copper heatpipes, an array with 46 aluminium fins and a 120mm Nano-Tech bearing PWM fan that delivers up to 74.63CFM at a noise level of 22dBA.
The heatsink measures 140mm x 47mm x 160mm and weighs 730g. It's capable of handling a heat output of up to 150W and supports Intel LgA775/1155/1156/1366/2011 and AMD Socket AM2/AM3/940/939 processors.
The MSRP is $64.95 (48.999EUR).
CoolGate 2012 is the next evolution of the hugely successful TherMax and Gemini CPU cooler Series. The increased number of heat-pipes combined with a higher number and density of dimpled fins and crowned with one high airflow, yet silent and PWM controlled fans for great cooling performance. Six (6) U-shaped 6mm heat-pipes are in Direct contact (HDT) with the CPU heat source. Swift heat transfer to the 46 aluminum dimpled fins providing a larger surface area for optimum heat dissipation. The CoolGate 2012 is supplied with one 12cm balanced, Nano-Tech bearing fans providing high airflow and adequate cooling. This fan is PWM controlled to provide the lowest noise v.s. cooling ratio possible. Compatibility is guaranteed with multi-platform mounting for all current Intel (incl. Socket 2011) and all popular AMD micro-processors. The CoolGate 2012 is pure cooling power that takes performance to the next level. Spire – Powered by Innovation.
* Six (6) 6mm all copper U-shaped sinter-powder heat-pipes
* HDT Heat-pipe direct contact with all of the processor area
* Straight lined heat-pipes allowing air to easily pass through
* 46 Stamped aluminum wide fins for best surface rate
* Dimpled surface fin for increased heat transfer rate
* All black-Nickel coated heatpipes to preserve killer looks from oxidation
* One (1) 120mm Nano-Tech bearing fan design
* Silent and superior MTBF Nano-tech bearing
* Supports AM2/AM3 socket 775/1155/1156 & 1366/2011
* Best cooling performance on hot cpu's up to TDP 150W
* PWM fan speed RPM control,4 PIN PWM (2510) Mainboard Connector