In order to address SimCity server overload issues, EA decided to roll out a patch that disables a number of "non-critical" features from the game to help with server load and connectivity. Ironically, most of these features are the ones that would require an always-on Internet connection, such as the leaderboards and achievements. On top of that, EA also disabled Cheetah speed, a change that will surely further enrage its customers.
* Fix for crash caused most commonly occurring on servers experiencing lag. This crash would happen most often when claiming a new city when playing in a region.
* Fix for server select dialog not appearing on start-up if the server the player was last on is not available.
* Disabled Cheetah speed. Cheetah speed is is now the same as llama speed.
* Crash fix for finding closest points.
* Crash fixes in transport and pedestrian code.
* A fix cities having processing problems associated with helicopters.