First up we have the Aqua Computer kryoM.2 evo, this model costs 34.90EUR and has LEDs.
Key features of kryoM.2 evo:
- Large passive cooler with improved cooling capacity for the upper side of the SSD
- First-time integrated heat sink for SSD back-cooling
- Configurable LED lighting and additional activity indicator on the backside
- Silicone mat protects the SSD from environmental influences and serves as a light guide for the LEDs
- Impedance controlled for high signal quality, high data rates and to avoid read/write errors
- PCIe connector with hard gold coating
- Fully gold-plated PCB
- Slot panel with improved ventilation
A ring around the passive heat sink with orange-colored LEDs illuminates the kryoM.2 evo. The lighting can be configured with a sliding switch in three modes:
- LEDs permanently on
- LEDs permanently off
- LEDs are controlled by the activity of the SSD
In addition, there is a small SSD logo on the back, which always lights up during activity. This logo is discreetly illuminated through the board with four LEDs.
Next is the Aqua Computer kryoM.2 micro, this is a 9.90EUR model with a lot less bells and whistles.
Aqua Computers kryoM.2 micro is a passive heatsink for M.2 SSDs which is simply clipped onto the SSD with the enclosed stainless steel clips. Before this, the enclosed thermal pad for the front and an isolation sticker for the back must be applied. The cooling performance is sufficient for many applications and due to the compact dimensions, the SSD with kryoM.2 micro fits almost all M.2 slots on mainboards.
During assembly, the SSD is not subjected to mechanical stress. The clips are slid on from the sides and then clamped onto the edge of the heat sink. The clamp does not touch the edge of the SSD board while doing this.
Key features of the kryoM.2 micro:
- Compact design for mounting in almost all motherboard slots for M.2 SSDs
- High quality heat sink made of black anodized aluminum with laser engraving
- Stainless steel clips for easy and safe assembly
- High quality thermal pad included
- Sticker for electrical isolation of the clips on the backside of the SSD included