Mac Rumors posted some more information about Apple's Rosetta PowerPC emulator which enables the next Intel based Mac computers to run old PowerPC programs.
Rosetta supports "applications that run on the PowerPC G3 or G4 processor that are built for Mac OS X". This excludes the following applications:
- Classic Environment, and subsequently any Mac OS 9 or earlier applications
- Screensavers written for the PowerPC
- System Preference add-ons
- Applications which specifically require the PowerPC G5
- Kernel extensions
- Java applications with JNI (PowerPC) libraries