PowerArchiver ondersteunt onder andere volgende formaten : ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, BH, RAR, ARJ, ARC, ACE, ZOO, GZ, BZIP2, XXE, MIME, en UUE files
Veranderingen in deze versie :
* Unlimited ZIP size support:Download PowerArchiver 2002 8.0 (2,277 KB)
Create and work with extremely large ZIP files (over 4 GB and over 65535 files), fully compatible with the new PkZip 4.5 standard.
* Support for Deflate64:
Improved compression results (both size and speed).
* Encryption Support:
Encrypt/decrypt files or archives using 5 different methods: Blowfish (128-bits), DES (64-bits), Triple DES (128-bits), and AES (128-bits).
* FTP Support:
Create and upload archives using one operation, upload archives after backup,and more. Multiple FTP profiles supported.
* PowerArchiver Password Manager (PPM):
Save password used in password protected archives. All data encrypted via secure 256-bit encryption.
* Windows® XP support:
When running under Windows® XP, PowerArchiver 8.0 operates as a native Windows® XP program and completely supports XP
themes. There is no need to set compatibility mode. * New icons, new look, new images, everything in new XP-like design.
* CAB SFX support:
Support for reading/extracting CAB SFX archives from main program and explorer shell extensions.
* RAR v3 support:
Support for reading/extracting new RAR v3 archives.
* SFX creation:
Support for creating powerful CAB SFX archives. More features for both ZIP and CAB SFX archives.
* Added full MIME (Base 64) support.
* Update edited files:
Open, edit and updates files under archive with only one operation. Easy as in Windows Explorer.
* Added "Find First" and "Find Next" file function.
* SFX Wizard:
Wizard-like interface for creating powerful SFX archives in just a few steps.
* Plug-In Support:
You can now download a separate plug-in for PGP support.
* DBCS Support:
Improved Chinese and Japanese (DBCS encoded) names processing in ZIP archives.
* Huge overall improvements in all areas.
* More columns in main file list (type, crc, etc.).
* All tools improved, including Archive Converter, Batch Zip,
Multi-Extract and PBS.
* Support for large archives (over 2 GB).
* Complete support for PKZIP 4.0 and PKZIP 4.5 disk spanning (while maintaining old PowerArchiver v7.00 support).
* VMS file support.
* Better support for all formats (lots of bug fixes and improvements in ALL formats).
* Configuration improvements.
...and much, much more.
Bron : BetaNews.com