Extramod Fan grills reviewToday we are going to take a look on the 80mm fan grills from Extramod. They are made from a strong plastic called polycarbonate, and they are available in five different designs : Atomic, Hurricane, UT, Spider, and Tornado. You can choose between translucent blue or clear.
* The good old classic Atomic sign. It offers good airflow but it does not protect very well.
* The Spider if you like spiderman. It offers a little bit less airflow than the Atomic, and also not a good protection.
* The UT if you really like to play unreal tournament then this is the grill for you. The big U will block some air, however, and it does not protect as well as a normal grill.
* The Hurricane offers good airflow, and protects your fingers well.
* And a more whirly version if the hurricane the Tornado. This one offers a little bit less airflow than the hurricane, and protects well.
Though it would be nice if they added a few more designs or colours to their production.
Fan grills are one of the most basic things in the case mod world, and if you still don't have them then maybe the ones from Extramod could be the ones for you. These plastic fan grills are strong, and will not break or crack easily. They are also not too expensive, especially not if you are from the USA, you can get them at SVC for only $2.99!
Prices/availability : In the USA they are avaible for $2.99 at SVC, the mod shop in germany for €5.95, in the uk from Kustom PCs for £4.00, and $4.40 in Australia at Pc Case Gear. More shops and locations can be found at Extramod
The Good Stuff
- Like with all modding products: It looks cool!
- Not too expensive
- Will not crack or break easily
- Tornado and Spider fan grill gave a noticeable increase in noise coming from the fan.
- Some designs offer bad protection, but that a problem with lets say 90% of all casemod fangrills.
Added: July 13th 2003
Product reviewed: Extramod Fan grills
Related Link: Extramod