Various problems are fixed, including performance issues that were introduced by the KB5000842 patch, and a problem that caused high-pitched noise or squeak when playing 5.1 Dolby Digital audio.
- Updates an issue in a small subset of users that have lower than expected performance in games after installing KB5000842 or later.
- Updates an issue that causes the Japanese Input Method Editor (IME) to suddenly stop working while you are typing.
- Updates an issue in which signing in using a PIN fails. The error message is "Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again."
- Updates an issue that, in certain cases, takes you out of the exclusive virtual reality (VR) app and back to Windows Mixed Reality Home when you press the Windows button on the controller.
- Updates an issue that causes blurry text on the news and interests button on the Windows taskbar for some screen resolutions.
- Updates an issue with Search box graphics on the Windows taskbar that occurs if you right-click the taskbar and turn off News and interests. This graphics issue is especially visible when using dark mode.
- Updates an issue that might prevent you from using your fingerprint to sign in after startup or waking up your device from sleep.
- Updates an issue that might cause a high-pitched noise or squeak in certain apps when you play 5.1 Dolby Digital audio using certain audio devices and Windows settings.