Posted on Thursday, July 07 2005 @ 13:48:45 CEST by LSDsmurf
The LG LRY517 Super-Multi DVD recorder not only raises the bar for stand-alone DVD recorders, but with the integrated VCR and memory card slots, it runs away with it. Whether you are transferring old family movie tapes to DVDs, copying new digital camcorder recordings to DVD, recording your favorite TV programs, or displaying photos or DviX movies from a memory card or CD, the LRY517 will be the tool of choice.
I use the hack from LG RC-6800.
After step 10 I got a message:
congratulations! Player(loader) region Free!
1. Press the Setup button on your remote control
2. Select the Lock option from the setup menu
3. Slide open the cover and press the Lock button on your remote control
4. Press the 0 button on your remote control
5. Press the 0 button on your remote control
6. Press the 0 button on your remote control
7. Press the 0 button on your remote control
8. Press the 0 button on your remote control
9. Press the 0 button on your remote control
10. Press the 1 button on your remote control for region 1, the 2 button for region 2, and so on, or the 0 button for multi-region playback
11. Press the Enter button on your remote control
12. Press the Setup button on your remote control
13. Power off the DVD player
14. Power on the DVD player
Reply by Anonymous on Monday, May 08 2006 @ 01:42:10 CEST
yes get an all region chipset installed
Regards Richard Myers firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: LG LRY-517 VCR/DVD Recorder Combo by Anonymous on Friday, August 26 2005 @ 22:56:30 CEST
RETURNED 3 OF THESE BECAUSE ANY RECORDINGS THAT ARE NOT XP OR SP ARE SO SHAKY(MAYBE THAT IS CALLED MOSQUITO NOISE?) THAT I CANCELLED THE RECORDING. OTHERWISE THE MACHINE DID A GREAT JOB AND WAS VERY EASY TO USE. MEMORY CARD FEATURE IS VERY NICE TO HAVE. TOO BAD YOU HAVE TO RECORD AT 2 HOUR MAX. TO GET GOOD RESULTS.
Re: LG LRY-517 VCR/DVD Recorder Combo by Anonymous on Saturday, August 27 2005 @ 06:05:27 CEST
After wrestling with the problems of trying to transfer VHS to DVD via an analog converter and having boo-coo problems with dropped frames, sound synch - I went out an purchased the LG LRY-517 after visiting 3 stores and weighing all the features/ price. The LG was the more expensive model, but it is so simple once you get it connected. In case you have a problem there, the LG folks have a fabulous C/S group that almost seemed to be waiting for my call. They helped me through the configuration process quickly. It is a cool machine!
Reply by Anonymous on Sunday, February 04 2007 @ 20:22:56 CET
Will it remove copy protection when copying vhs to dvd?
Run as fast as you can from LRY-517 by Anonymous on Saturday, July 14 2007 @ 06:41:51 CEST
Worthless piece of crap. Ours cratered not long after we started using it. Service was impossible -- had to drive an hour to two different service locations, only to find that they didn't know how to fix the problem (but they charged us anyway). Customer service was just as bad. Many others are having the same problem, & company offers no recourse. Even more disappointing because we had such high hopes for this feature-packed machine. We will NEVER buy anything from LG again!