Sylpheed is a simple, lightweight but featureful, and easy-to-use e-mail client (mailer, MUA). Sylpheed runs on Unix-like systems such as Linux, BSD, and Mac OS X. It also supports Windows.
- Multi-threading was introduced. This will reduce the situation where
user actions are blocked.
(can be disabled by --disable-threads configure option)
- Win32: network connection runs on another thread now to prevent blocking
of the user interface.
- Execution of external commands (such as bsfilter) on filtering will not
block the user interface anymore.
- The major part of IMAP protocol communication runs on another thread to
prevent blocking of the user interface.
- The query search is executed on another thread.
- LibSylph is (almost) thread-safe now.
- Summary caches are updated on the fly (on receive/move/copy/delete).
This improves the performance of opening folders with many new messages.
- Progress is displayed while scanning folders.
- The user interface of address book was rewritten using the new API
(GtkTreeView). This will reduce the glitches in the older versions.
- Included Sylpheed FAQ (English) was updated.
- Some bugfixes are made.
Tools and Utilities
3.0 Beta 1
Product page: here