- Changed from the previous beta: NewsLeecher will no longer automatically
move the NewsLeecher application settings from the 'Program Files' hierarchy
to the User Profile hierarchy. On a clean install, NewsLeecher will
automatically store its settings and data in the User Profile hierarchy, but
if current settings are detected under the "Program Files"
hierarchy, NewsLeecher will continue to store them there. To move
NewsLeecher settings and data to a new location, use the new "Advanced
Folder Location" setting mentioned just below.
- It's now possible to setup where the NewsLeecher data files and temporary
files should be located. But it's recommended to keep the default locations
unchanged, unless there's a good reason to change them. Locations can be
Options -> Advanced -> Folders
- NewsLeecher normally loads settings from a default settings file. It's now
possible to specify a custom settings file, by using the new
"/settingsFile=[filePath]" command line parameter. More in here.
- Improved Preview (Image View) Mode. Support for Vista fonts and the height
of the preview panel is now stored separately.
- The NewsLeecher Splashscreen now gives more detailed info during
- NewsLeecher launches a little faster now.
- Bug introduced in a previous beta, where the Preview mode didn't work
properly has been fixed:
- Fixed a few Windows Vista UAC permission issues.
Internet and communication
3.8 beta 8
Product page: here