A free image editing tool.
- Updating performance should now be faster. It used to be the case that
two system restore points were created during update (one for uninstall,
and one for re-install), but now only one is created to cover the entire
- Ctrl+Alt+0 now works for "View actual size". This is not
listed in the View menu as a shortcut, but should help those used to
keyboard commands from Photoshop, etc.
- Some plugins that were causing stability problems are now blocked from
loading. They will show up in the File->View Plugin Load Errors dialog.
- Old effect plugin DLL's that have since been integrated into Paint.NET
(Glow, Portrait, etc.) are now blocked from loading.
- For revamped effect configuration dialogs, the first textbox is now
auto-selected instead of the OK button. This makes keyboard usage more
- Close/Cancel button flickering while downloading an update
- The floating tool windows (Tools, History, Layers, Color) will
double-check that they are on-screen when they are toggled on/off
- If two images had the text tool active and both had active text being
edited, then Backspace would not always be routed to the correct image
- Open/Save dialogs in Windows Vista with high-DPI would sometimes have
garbled thumbnail rendering (fixed by adding "high DPI aware"
flag to EXE manifest instead of using SetProcessDPIAware function)
- Some minor high-DPI glitches in new UI features
- For newly revamped effect configuration dialogs, the focus rectangle
("dotted rectangle") for sliders is drawn only when necessary
- Several rare crashes
3.20 beta 1
Product page: here