RJ TextEd is a web development tool and a Unicode text editor with features like syntax highlighting, advanced column mode and code folding.
The editor can now execute scripts and is capable of
understanding 4 different languages: BasicScript, C++Script, JScript and
There are two objects that gives you access to the editor.
The document object "Document" gives you access to the current
The main application object "MainApp" gives you access to some other
areas of the editor.
You add your scripts in the same way you add a tool. Just select
"Script" in the drop down list instead of "Executable".
You can edit, debug or run your script in the script editor and
see the result in real time.
* Made some changes to enable execution of scripts.
* It is also possible to run html help files using "KeyHH.exe" with a
keyword, e.g. the current word in the editor.
* The tool output can be understood using a parse string. E.g. you may want the
editor to jump to a position in the text when you double click a line in the
message view (output view).
*Added profiles. There are now 3 profiles: Debug, Release and
User. They are available in a drop down list.
*Added 1 run command: Run without build. Available in a drop down list at the
*Added 3 user commands in a drop-down menu.
*Made several changes to the settings dialog.
*The output from compiling/building can be parsed. A double click in the output
view can take you to the displayed line and column in your source code, provided
it is the current documents.
*Added the context menu item "Open selected files".
Added a directive in the syntax files.
This directive tell the editor to load the html multiple highlighting syntax
instead of the asp and php syntax files. The html syntax handles asp and php.
* Removed status field. It behaves like the normal auto
* Show parameter hint with keyboard shortcut. (Shift+Ctrl+H)
* Object to the left of cursor is identified when you open the completion list
with shortcut Ctrl+J.
Replaced all explorer components. Added filters and context
menus. Drag n' drop should work between the explorer tab and windows explorer.
Replaced all explorer components. Added context menus. Drag n'
drop should work between the file commander and windows explorer. Press
"Ctrl" to copy when you drag.
Replaced the old open and save dialogs with my own. They look
much better on Windows Vista and are, of course, much more customizable. I need
this in later versions in order to add new features. All items are also now
visible on all windows versions. They weren't before.
*Replaced the old one. It looks more like the new open/save
dialog, with a few differences.
* It is now possible to have sub-folders.
* Closing braces are highlighted to the left of the cursor.
* View/Hide left editor tool-bar item in the view menu.
* Option to set max character width in the editor.
* Changed the editor tab display. Inactive tabs have a border.
* Renamed a few menu items.
* Added option to open search options in a dialog.
* Added new items to the view menu.
* Replaced all tool-bars.
* Made some changes to the syntax editor.
Fixed a lot of bugs.
* Open huge files without line breaks.
* Memory problem with word wrap. (Memory defragmentation)
* Background coloring with multiple highlighting, e.g. html.
* A problem with html format/repair and entities like ©
* Could not open several documents at ones.
* Selecting lines from the gutter (left margin).
* Expand selection with Shift+leftmouseclick.
* Overwrite section when
* Add files to the project.
* Shift+Back, Ctrl+Back and Ctrl+Del.
* Selection with keyboard keys after typing.
* Class member completion. Fixed several issues.
* Parameter hint problem.
* Pointer error when changing highlighter in options.
* Buttons disabled in find/replace dialog.
* Delete text in find/replace dialog with Del key.
* Move tool item in the options dialog.
* MRU list and full path.
* Code explorer bug. Array could be marked as a method.
* A file could be opened twice.
* Code completion remained visible after switching document tab.
* Select text in gutter in word wrap mode.
* Line number issue in word wrap mode.
* Some other small issues in word wrap mode.
* ASP and PHP end tag issue.
* Smart paste issues.
* Drag n' drop multiple documents to the editor.
* Drag n' drop files to the file commander.
* Project settings not saved properly when switching tabs.
* Several other project issues with compile/build and commands.
* Project output issue.
* ASP and PHP highlighting in strings.
* Did not handle read only files properly.
* Combo box when you add/edit tool item could be edited.
* Save options could change syntax highlighter for active file.
* Small bug when creating new project.
* Some visual problems, like borders around tool-bars.
And much more...