Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2 addresses these post-release
Service Pack 2 Installation Notes:
- Multiplayer compatibility with Flight Simulator X: Acceleration
- DirectX 10 preview
- After you install Service Packs 1 and 2, do not reinstall Service Pack
- If install SP2 and later purchase Flight Simulator X: Acceleration, you
must uninstall SP2 before installing Acceleration.
- If you install Flight Simulator X on a computer running the 64-bit Vista
operating system, the Setup progress bar may not indicate progress during
the installation. The program still installs correctly on this operating
- It may appear that the progress bar is paused for a long time during
DirectX installation. The installation is actually progressing but the
Setup program does not indicate the progress.
- When the time expires in demo mode after installing Flight Simulator X
plus Acceleration or the service packs, attempting to activate the product
may result in a dialog box that appears to be frozen. Press ALT+TAB to
bring the active window to the front to continue product activation.
- If you have problems installing Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2, close
all open software applications including antivirus software before running
Games and patches
Service Pack 2
Product page: here