Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
2.4 Final is ready for Christmas. Small changelog compared to preview 3 :
* MKV and FLV improvements.
* Mostly fixed decoding corruptions.
* Improved OsX versions, including PPC.
A short changelog compared to 2.3 :
* Input and output support for MKV and FLV containers
* Rewritten MP4/MOV/3GP reader
* Support for Nellymoser codec
* New DV video output support
* New MPEG-TS support including H.264 Elementary Stream
* OCR support for MPEG-TS subtitles
* New video bitstream unpacker (improved compatibility)
* Capability to pack video bitstreams
* New Yadif filter (ported from Avisynth)
* Video filters can be loaded as external plug-ins (sample plug-in included)
* Three interfaces now offered: command line, GTK+ and Qt4 (Qt4 is still
* Several key dialogs have been revamped (GTK+ user interface only)
* Preview system refactored
* Priority control added for encoding and video playback (Win32 only)
* New Jog Shuttle control (GTK+ user interface only)
* Support for Jog Shuttle hardware (Linux & GTK+ only)
* New iPod and PlayStation Portable profiles
* New Glyph Editor
* Improved Bitrate Histogram
* JACK support (Linux only)
* DirectX support (Win32 only)
* New Avisynth Proxy GUI (Win32 only)
* Improved crash recovery - session settings are saved and reloaded upon
* Numerous bugs fixed
A bit deal of this version has been done by Gruntster and surfer.