Warsow is a free standalone first person shooter game for Windows and Linux. It is based on the Qfusion 3D engine (a modification of the Quake 2 GPL engine), and aimed on the competitive scene, or the e-sports community.
- added revised version of wdm10 with a new item
- added two new CTF maps, wctf2 and wctf3.
- added delay between getting off the flag stand
and the timer counting up again (600ms).
- added jumping animation when using jump pads.
- added new callvote option "callvote
kickban", which will temporarily ban a specified player from a server.
- added menu options for various graphical
effects and player preferences.
- added option to alternate between map names
(wdm1, wdm2, etc.) and map titles (Flew Over, etc.) in the start server menu.
- added new chasecam follow modes. Entering the
follow modes is done by adding one of the following parameters to the chase
name or ID> will chase the given player.
"auto" will chase the highest fragger unless there's a flag or powerup
carrier, in that order.
"carriers" will give the user pov control unless there's a flag or
powerup carrier, in that order.
"flags" will give the user pov control unless there's a flag carrier.
"powerups" will give the user pov control unless there's a powerup
"score" will chase the highest fragger.
- added default autoexec file for Warsow TV
- added feature that appends the current number
of specs to TV server's name.
- added query protocol support to Warsow TV.
- added rcon support to Warsow TV, and a
tv_rcon_password cvar to go with it.
- added Xavatar's path_spline cameras.
- added GLSL distortion pass to
- added ability to pass server password in URI
- changed Rocket Launcher reload time to 850.
- changed strong grenades to bounce once before
- changed weak rocket speed to 1000ups (for real
- shrank item bounding box by 8 units on vertical
- modified instagun sound.
- modified rocket explosions to look slightly
- changed Warsow TV chat to look more distinct.
- modified CTF bonuses to be shown as awards.
- modified medium profile to use smaller texture
sizes for portalmaps (256) and shadowmaps (512).
- modified behavior of cl_compresspackets:
disables packet compression.
compresses packets bigger than the average client packet size (default).
compresses all packets.
- changed serverside password cvar to
- default client packets-pre-second (cl_pps) is
- default max Warsow TV clients (tv_maxclients)
is now 32.
- modified Warsow TV chase commands to function
identically to normal chase commands.
- fixed missing textures by adding ecel texture
- fixed Warsow TV multipov. Chaining Warsow TV
servers should now be possible.
- fixed areaportals over Warsow TV.
- fixed broken shader
- fixed bug with minimap showing enemy locations
in CA and for coaches.
- fixed bug with saving cam files that only had
- fixed bug which prevented the player last in
the last player slot from interacting with the level.
- fixed crashes caused by excessively long names.
- fixed Duel Arena being absent from the server
- fixed electrobolt damage doubling.
- fixed "ERROR: Game Error: G_Spawn: no free
edicts" server crash.
- fixed "inverted strafing" movement
bug which was causing undesired results when attempting to bunnyjump using
+moveleft and +moveright.
- fixed missing textures in wca1.
- fixed old movement (cg_oldmovement 1) delay
being applied when entering a new level.
- fixed overpowered gunblade shots in Clan Arena.
- fixed ping spikes caused by client command
- fixed problem with
textures/hazelh/verticalborder2's non-deluxe path (scripts/hazelh.shader).
- fixed scroll list in the server menu.
- fixed rendering of portal views.
- fixed start server menu forgetting map names.
- fixed vintage Quake 2 bug concerning nonworking
- fixed shaders with "material" passes
crashing in 2D.
- removed battleye and forcemodules from
- removed depreciated "follow" command,
use "chase" instead.
- removed unfinished path_sin cameras.
Program Information Category:
Games and patches Type:
Free Version: 0.41 Size: 172MB Works on: Windows, Linux, Mac