New features and changes in this milestone that require feedback
- Improved security features such as: better presentation of website
identity and security including support for Extended Validation (EV) SSL
certificates, malware protection, stricter SSL error pages, anti-virus
integration in the download manager.
- Improved ease of use through: easier add-on discovery and installation,
improved download manager search and progress indication in the status
bar, resumable downloading, full page zoom, and better integration with
Windows Vista, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Richer personalization through: one-click bookmarking, smart bookmark
folders, location bar that uses an algorithm based on site visit recency
and frequency (called “frecency”) to provide better matches against
your history and bookmarks for URLs and page titles, ability to register
web applications as protocol handlers, and better customization of
download actions for file types.
- Improved platform features such as: new graphics and font rendering
to provide better CSS, float-, and table layout support, native web page
form controls, colour profile management, and offline application support.
- Performance improvements such as: better data reliability for user
profiles, architectural improvements to speed up page rendering, over 350
memory leak fixes, a new XPCOM cycle collector to reduce entire classes of
leaks, and reductions in the memory footprint.
Internet and communication
3.0 beta 3
Windows, Linux, Mac
Product page: here