Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
* Support for x264's new Hadamard Exhaustive Search method of motion
* Decoder for Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile (WVC1)
* Re-enabled H.263 decoder (it was missing from the 2.4 release)
* Fixed loss of audio when saving large OpenDML AVI files
* Fixed various colour conversion issues with RGB codecs including BMP,
Huffyuv, JPEG and PNG
* Updates to the following translations: Catalan, French, German, Italian,
Russian and Spanish
* Win32 logging is now stored in an Avidemux folder under the user's profile.
This allows Avidemux to operate under a non-administrator account.
* Win32 CLI version nows outputs to console
* New Quartz version for Mac
* Better SDL support for Mac Quartz and Qt4 versions (SDL windows are now
embedded and acceleration is enabled for Qt4)
* Various video decoding fixes for PowerPC-based Macs
* Fixed freezing when opening files on Mac
* Fix corruption when encoding from a mp4/mov/3gp file.
Most of the work is once again from Gruntster.