Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools.
* New: Ability to save PNG's at 8- and 24-bit color depths.
* New: Ability to save BMP's at 8-bit color depth.
* New: "Auto-detect" bit-depth option for PNG, BMP, and TGA file
types. It will analyze the image and determine the lowest bit-depth that can
still save the image without quality loss.
* New: "Fragment" blur effect, by Ed Harvey
* New: The "Polar Inversion" distortion effect has been enhanced to
allow changing the rendering offset, and the behavior for "edge"
pixels (clamp, reflect, or wrap).
* New: For developers, IndirectUI can now be used to write configuration UI for
* New: For developers, IndirectUI has a new radio button control type for
enumerations, and some new property constraint rules.
* New: Italian translation.
* Fixed: In some cases, an exponential property slider would get
"stuck" at some values when using up/down keyboard keys. This mostly
affects some effect plugins.
* Fixed: When using keyboard navigation, sometimes the File menu would scroll
its items out of view.
* Fixed: Some crashes that were tracked down to out-of-bounds coordinate values
in certain effects.
* Fixed: The installer would fail if Paint.NET had never been installed before,
and was being installed to any non-default directory. This bug only affected
3.30 beta 1
Product page: here