TreeSize Professional is a powerful and flexible harddisk space manager for Windows 200X/XP/Vista. Find out which folders are the largest on your drives and recover megabytes on your disks. TreeSize Professional shows you the size, allocated and wasted space, the number of files, 3D charts, the last access date, the file owner and permissions, the NTFS compression rate and much more information for several folders or drives you choose. It also lets you search drives, entire servers or the entire network for old, big, temporary and duplicate files.
Changes in V5.1
- Many improvements for the new tree map:
- If a folder has no subfolders and file extensions statistics was
activated during the scan, the file types are now shown as subitems in
the tree map.
- Some graphical changes result in an improved appearance of the
- A legend for the colors has been added.
- It is now possible to zoom and scroll the chart in order to see more
- Improvements in multithreading makes scans up to two times faster.
- The Explorer context menu is now available as a submenu in the charts
and the root folder of a scan.
- When exporting the data to a file, the save dialog now has a checkbox
that lets you decide whether or not the file should be opened after
- When saving the extensions statistics to a text file, you now have a
checkbox in the save dialog that allows you to save the expanded groups
only, just as you see it on the screen.
- The users and extensions statistics now allow to select multiple items,
which is useful if you want to export / print them partially only.
- The context sensitive help has been improved. Pressing F1 should now
always lead to the correct chapter in the help file.
- A new column has been added that shows the error message if a folder
could not be scanned. This is useful in particular for scheduled scan that
export their results to an Excel, HTML or Text File (Professional Edition
- If the Mixed Mode for sizes is turned on, the charts will now also use
an appropriate size unit for displaying size values.
- It is now possible to delete single values from the history chart using
the right click menu.
- Some other minor bug fixes and improvements have been incorporated.
- Added new columns to the result lists that show the attributes of the
files, the version number of binary files, the permissions and the
creation date. Some of the new columns are by default turned off and can
be turned on using the "View" menu.
- The "Move To" dialog of the File Search now has an option to
create shortcuts for moved files at their original location that point to
their new location.
- Added possibility to search for files with NTFS alternate data streams
in the custom file search (tab "Attributes"). If this search is
active and alternate data streams are found, their sizes are added to the
file size and in the column "Attributes" a " * " is
added to the attributes. Checking for alternate data streams is slow and
requires read access to the files that should be checked.
Tools and Utilities
5.1.0 build 404
Product page: here