RJ TextEd is a Unicode text and source editor. It is also a simple web development tool with features like syntax highlighting, advanced column mode and code folding.
* Change the UTF-8 detection function to a faster and more
* Improved the open file speed for UTF-8 encoded files. Open a UTF-8 file is
almost as fast as opening an ANSI file.
* Improved the open file speed for all types of files.
* The folded text border color can now be changed in options.
* The fold state of sub folds are preserved. If you close a fold and later open
it again, all sub fold nodes are unchanged. Those that where closed before, are
* Edit the fold name is much faster. So is creating new fold nodes, especially
in large files.
* Editing speed has been improved when using folded text.
* Several editing issues with folded text have been fixed. Editing folded text
behave more as you would expect.
* Several speed issues where fixed.
* Changing options shouldn't change the fold state in the document.
* Added some extra sanity check in some functions.
Added keyboard shortcuts for the main tabs.
Alt+F8 - Home
Alt+F9 - Editor
Alt+F10 - IE Preview
Alt+F11 - Firefox Preview
Alt+F12 - File Commander
The shortcuts are displayed as hints when you move the mouse over the tabs.
* Scrollbar property out of range issue should be resolved. Very
rare and hard to reproduce. You may never have seen this.
* "Save As..." dialog issues with selecting file has been fixed.
* Text drawing functions are now a little bit faster than before.
* Closing a document tab will now take you to the previous tab, like in IE7 or
* XML auto completion should work properly again.
* A XML issue with text between tags has been fixed.
* Delete selection is now much faster. Most notable in large files.
* Line number update with "Highlight line" switched off should work
* Status bar and window title wasn't updated properly when switching editor tab
and the sidebar was closed.
* Undo/redo may be a little bit faster at times. Fixed a few speed issues.
* A tab character should overwrite text if less than one line is selected.
* Toggle comment state in source code will move the text cursor down one line.
This makes editing easier.
* Fixed a toggle comment issue.
* Fixed several issues with text cursor movement while editing.
* Right aligned footer text was not aligned properly when printing. Fixed.
* Internal IE and Firefox windows (F10/F11) can be closed with ESC.
* Added support for a # line comment in the PHP syntax file.