PECompact is an advanced Windows executable compressor. Executable packers compress executable modules (EXE, DLL, etc..) so that their physical size is considerably smaller. At runtime, compressed modules are rapidly decompressed and reconstructed in memory. Used on Google Desktop, DivX Player 6.0, and hundreds of other popular software products, PECompact has real-world exposure and testing beyond competing products. With PECompact, you can rest assured your compressed software will be trouble free.
- Addition.Core: Added 'forced mode', which will force default priorities
and affinities to remain in place, despite any manual changes by the
user or application.
- Addition.Core: Changed process restraint algorithm to better handle
foreground processes without excluding them.
- Addition.Core: Added sound playback ability on process restraint/restore.
You can change the actual played back files in the INI file, but I will add
an ability to change the sound files in the GUI.
- Change.Core: Renamed INI entry 'PerProcessorUsageForRestore' to
'PerProcessUsageForRestore'. No functional change.
- Change.Core/GUI: Some optimizations to data structure sizes and removal of
- Change.Core/GUI: Fixed some less than optimal compiler and linker
optimizations for some builds of Process Lasso (i.e. string pooling even got
disabled in some build configs). I also enabled SSE support for core
executables and SSE2 support for x64 executables (which really is implied).
- Addition.GUI: Added 'forced mode' menu toggle.
- Addition.GUI: Added option to exclude system services from process
- Addition.GUI: Added two options for playback of little tones when a
process is restrained and/or when it is restored.
- Addition.GUI: Added all process restraint options to the menu, though
they're also still in the process restraint (OOC) config dialog, which has
nice descriptive tooltips.
Tools and Utilities
2.71 Beta 2
Product page: here