Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools.
* New: Italian translation.
* New: Ability to save PNG's at 8- and 24-bit color depths.
* New: Ability to save BMP's at 8-bit color depth.
* New: "Auto-detect" bit-depth option for PNG, BMP, and TGA file
types. It will analyze the image and determine the lowest bit-depth that can
still save the image without quality loss.
* New: "Fragment" blur effect, by Ed Harvey
* New: The "Polar Inversion" distortion effect has been enhanced to
allow changing the rendering offset, and the behavior for "edge"
pixels (clamp, reflect, or wrap).
* New: For developers, added a Color Wheel control to IndirectUI for use in
* New: For developers, added ability to customize certain properties of the
effect configuration dialog via IndirectUI.
* New: For developers, IndirectUI can now be used to write configuration UI for
* New: For developers, IndirectUI has a new radio button control type for
enumerations, and some new property constraint rules.
* Changed: Most effects and adjustments, including plugins that use IndirectUI,
have been visually refreshed. The new look is cleaner and more compact. These
changes are shown in more detail at
* Fixed: Various UI issues with the Levels adjustment.
* Fixed: When pasting text into the Text tool with Ctrl+V, it would hide the nub
for moving the text.
* Fixed: If the startup tool was set to the Zoom or Pan (Hand) tool, then the
toolbar would render incorrectly.
* Fixed: Thumbnails for PDN images now include transparency, which improves
their appearance in Windows Vista.
* Fixed: In some cases, an exponential property slider would get
"stuck" at some values when using up/down keyboard keys. This mostly
affects some effect plugins.
* Fixed: When using keyboard navigation, sometimes the File menu would scroll
its items out of view.
* Fixed: Some crashes that were tracked down to out-of-bounds coordinate values
in certain effects.
* Fixed: The installer would fail if Paint.NET had never been installed before,
and was being installed to any non-default directory. This bug only affected
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 3.30 Size: 1.6MB Works on: Windows