A fast multi-track audio editor and recorder for Linux, BSD, Mac OS, and Windows. Supports WAV, AIFF, Ogg, and MP3 formats. Features include envelope editing, mixing, built-in effects and plug-ins, all with unlimited undo.
Recording / Playback:
* Several bugs fixed so that latency correction should be better, and more
devices work correctly. Problems with invalid sample rates under Linux
should be much rarer.
* Newer version of Portaudio library.
* New feature to record onto the end of an existing track
(hold Shift while clicking Record).
Import / Export:
* Updated versions of Libogg, Libvorbis, Libflac, Libsndfile and Twolame
* Handling of unsupported file formats more informative.
* Handling of file names with slashes on OS X improved. New dialog
allows replacement of illegal file name characters on all platforms.
* Improved scaling and layout for rulers and VU meters.
* Envelope fixes/improvements including full control of undo/redo.
* New keyboard shortcuts and improved menu navigation.
* Preferences: More intuitive tab arrangement. New options for
mute/solo and Metadata Editor behavior. Language can now be
changed without restart.
* Expanded Build Information tab.
* New Vocal Remover plug-in, improvements for Generate effects.
* Fixes when building Audacity with libraries disabled.
* Improvements to make Mac and Solaris builds easier.
* Full fix for issue CVE-2007-6061 on systems where temporary directories
can be changed by other users (thanks to Michael Schwendt).
* Updated translations for many locales.
* Several stability improvements.
Product page: here