Lightning Fast Network Inventory On Demand. While many competitors rely exclusively on agentless methods crippled by remote registry and WMI misconfiguration issues, slow operation (single threaded) or high bandwidth usage (multithreaded), NEWT® Professional uses a sophisticated light-weight (500KB) client that's automatically deployed to remote machines without any user intervention. In combination with our unique "SimulScan" multithreaded technology it allows NEWT® Professional to act like an agentless solution to the user while having many agent-based benefits. By default, clients remain on machines for a specified number of days for even faster scanning, although Zero Footprint options are included.
- ADDED: AVG 8.0, Microsoft OneCare Live Antivirus and McAfee VirusScan
Enterprise 8.5 definition detection
- ADDED: Added integrity check for remote client files to aid in virus
detection. If one of the remote files change, NEWT will alert through the
GUI and show which machines may be infected.
- ADDED: Preliminary Reboot/Shutdown and Wake-On-LAN feature. There are no
options yet and shutdown/reboots are currently forced, meaning if there are
any open documents, they will not be saved. This will be expanded later.
- ADDED: Experimental feature to gather user's "My Documents" and
"Desktop" folder sizes from their respective profile.
- FIXED: "Stray" data filtering during MRF loads. Some older
versions left machines on other tabs after deleting machines. These are now
checked for and filtered out.
- FIXED: Save errors regarding MRF files.
- FIXED: Aborting during scans is now more reliable.
- FIXED: Selective export caused runtime error.
- FIXED: Machine names with hyphens are now sorted properly.
- IMPROVEMENT: Faster intial scan preperation.
- IMPROVEMENT: Better System temperature detection.
- IMPROVEMENT: Saving scan results (MRF) now checked using a quick verify
Internet and communication
2.5 Build 68
Product page: here