Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows.
* New: Posterize adjustment, by Ed Harvey.
* New: Intersect selection mode.
* Improved: Dramatically improved selection editing performance for the Add and Subtract modes (and also for Intersect). The performance used to be dependent on image size, and thus was often unusable on images larger than 1024x768 pixels. It is now dependent only on selection complexity (number of polygon edges) -- the improvement is generally between 3x and 1000x.
* Changed: Hotkeys for selection modes are now Left click for Replace, Control+Left click for Add (union), Alt+Left click for Subtract (difference), Alt+Right click for Intersect, and Ctrl+Right click for Invert (xor).
* Fixed: Sometimes pasting would result in a crash when certain types of malfored data were on the clipboard.
* Fixed: It was possible to get around some of the protections imposed by the IndirectUI system. This was causing instability with some plugins.
* Fixed: There were some issues with the implementation of "linked" sliders in IndirectUI.
3.35 beta 1
Product page: here