Weave is the Mozilla Labs' project to develop a coherent framework and platform for deeply integrating online services with the browser. Our goals are to enhance the Firefox user experience, increase user control over personal information, and provide new opportunities for developers to build innovative online experiences.
* Significant reworking of the installation and setup experience.
* Support for major browser data types, including bookmarks, browsing history, cookies, saved passwords, saved form data, and tabs.
* Intelligent scheduler for determining when to synchronize data between browser and server to improve performance.
* RSA public/private keys and AES encryption of all user data on the client side through NSS, the crypto library used by Firefox.
* End-to-end encryption, with initial support for secure sharing of data with a 3rd party and with XMPP-based notifications of shares.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here