Outpost Firewall Pro provides a superior arsenal of defense against PC infiltration. Outpost ensures your online security with solid protection against all Internet-borne threats.
User interface and controls:
- Protection Status Overview: The new dashboard-style display provides a
summary of the current Outpost protection status – from the state of
updates to the level of security settings.
- Basic/Expert Interface Toggle: By switching between the Basic and Expert
interface layouts, users can customize their preferred view of the main
- Improved Event Logger Manageability: The tried-and-true Outpost 4.0 event
logger is back with its per-category filterable and sortable log entries.
- New Process Activity Monitor: This utility lists all currently active
processes in expandable format, providing quick access to key properties.
- More Informative Network Activity Monitor: Outpost 2009 sports a
redesigned, more logical Network Activity display where connections are
grouped by application.
"Gain without pain” was the goal here; Outpost 2009 challenges the
stereotype of security products as resource hogs and eliminates a number of
SmartScan now runs up to ten times faster than in earlier versions, and data
stream processing is much more efficient. This is achieved by storing the
history of past malware scans in a single secure location, instead of all PC
folders, as in Outpost 2008.
Computers protected by Outpost now start faster, run faster, scan faster, and
use fewer system resources, delivering the ultimate in transparent, hands-free
Outpost 2009 is not just a pretty face. The core security layer in all three
products has been further reinforced to withstand latest internal sabotage
attacks and addresses the most lethal leak techniques employed by undetectable
- Extended Host Protection: To fully protect users against inappropriate
activity, Outpost now includes protection against the latest security breach
techniques. Outpost’s perfect leaktest pass scores reflect the product’s
ability to protect against attacks on personal data employed by real,
- Protection Against Keyloggers: Outpost’s Host Protection protects
systems against keylogger activity, monitoring system events and ensuring
that no malicious keyboard interaction is possible. This prevents the
unwitting disclosure of personal information, including passwords and credit
- IP Blocklist Keeps Surfing Clean: IP Blocklist lets users blacklist
specified Internet domains and restrict incoming and outgoing traffic from
sites with bad reputations. The list of blocked entries can be manually
defined or imported from different web communities.
- Antispam supports The Bat!: Agnitum’s Bayesian-based antispam module,
formerly compatible only with Microsoft mail clients, can now be integrated
into the popular The Bat! email application.
Internet and communication
Product page: here