mIRC is a popular Internet Relay Chat client used by millions of people, and thousands of organizations, to communicate, share, play and work with each other on IRC networks around the world.
This version of mIRC continues to build on recent releases and addresses a
number of issues that have been reported by users since the last release. It
includes improvements, changes and fixes to a number of features.
In particular, a new editbox "automatic" lines option has been
added that dynamically changes the size of the editbox in a window to show the
whole of your typed message, up to half the size of the window. This allows you
to easily see and review a long, multiple-line message while keeping the size of
the editbox small when it is not in use.
Various other changes include:
- Added support for the transfer of files larger than four gigabytes.
- Added /var -g switch to allow you to set global variable values.
- Added $input() identifier combobox support.
- Fixed UTF-8 text-wrapping display bug.
- Fixed switchbar display button-sorting display bug.
- Fixed window positions not being saved correctly for some windows.
- Fixed server connection not remembering SSL status in some situations.
In total there have been almost 50 changes to this version and although most
of them are only small fixes and tweaks, we hope that they result in a more
useful and stable mIRC for you.
Internet and communication
Product page: here